Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cooking Chronicles: Sugar Cookies




After one failed attempt of using our Japanese oven by myself, Marcia Haug was so wonderful to come over and explain it more fully. She also explained that there is not self-rising flour here in Japan. I have had to adjust my cooking and baking to use the all-purpose flour here with baking powder to this fact because I have always used self-rising in the states. I also have to calculate from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I really wanted to make David's mom infamous sugar cookies that he loves so much and after trying one more time, it was a success. 


This oven is very high tech, and it's a microwave. The Japanese writing on the black are different dishes that you just push a bottom and it will cook them for you. The microwave portion will allow me to choose the watt I want to use too.

Marcia helped me label the Japanese controls so that I will remember which buttons do what.

Yummy cookies cooking after I finally got the temperature correct. 

Sugar cookie dough.

Looking good so far.

Finished product, David loved them, so cooking this day was a success!!!

I am looking forward to trying some other yummy treats from scratch. Stay tuned for the results of those baking endeavors......


No comments:

Post a Comment