Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cooking Chronicles: Part 3

This post is of various food items we have seen and various foods we have made at home.

Banana cream filled cakes that looked sorta like Twinkies. 

Green Tea KitKat's.

David cooking


When I hosted the Ladies Bible study, I made a recipe of my mom's. Rice Florentine. It's ground meat, white rice, and spinach with parmesan cheese on top. My mom would usually put tomatoes on top too!!!

One of our favorite things is to make popcorn on the stove. David is very good at making popcorn.

Yummy!!!

When shopping one day we came across a cookie press!!!

We thought we would try it out.

Using David's mom's sugar cookie recipe, we were ready to go.


Christmas Trees!!!

But it broke, it cracked the 3rd time I used it and the dough just started oozing out :(

At least I got one more batch of Christmas trees before it cracked.

A yummy sauce we use to cook chicken and if you put a little on your rice, it's super good!!!

Marcia Haug gave me a few boxes of Jiffy corn bread. I always add sugar to mine, it was yummy.

We went to supper at one of the couples that is very involved in the church.  The husband grilled this awesome meat that had been marinated in a special sauce. We loved it and she gave us a bottle and we have been using it at home. We are loving our rice cooker and incorporating more and more Japanese ingredients to our food. David is using chopsticks with this meal :)

100th anniversary of Oreo's!!! 

Peanut Butter Cookies made from scratch....

They were so good!!!

Chicken cooked in the skillet then topped with pasta sauce. 

Did this make anybody hungry? I know it seems like we make a lot of 'American' foods, which we do, but hopefully as we learn the Japanese language we will learn how to use and cook with things in the grocery that we can't read right now. I am also hoping to be able to learn how to cook some Japanese dishes from some ladies at church, but I have to learn more of the language first :)



No comments:

Post a Comment